Level 1: Smoke Rituals
Smoke Rituals Level 1
This course will provide you with a firm knowledge on how to implement smoke rituals into your sauna ritual.
We are excited to share our knowledge on the burning of resins and gums (incense, amber, copal, gugul,...) , woods (palo santo, ceder, willow, yerba santa...), herbs and spices and how they have been a part of spiritual and religious rituals for thousands of years.
Day 1: 8h30- 17h:
• History of smoke ritual (origin, spirituality, economic factor)
• Health and smoke (Smoke as medicine, contra indications)
• Methods for burning herbs (powders, cones, charcoal, fresh plants, Etc.)
• Composing scents (Scent groups, male-female scents, structure scents complexity)
• Excipients (gum, resin, honey, etc.)
• Substances in the burning process (Olivetol, verbenol)
• Aromatic herbs (herbs, woods, resins, seeds)
Day 2: 8h30- 17h
• The force of the ritual
• Recipes & rituals
• Practice in sauna
This course will be held in English. Availability is limited as we want to keep the quality of the course high and educate with personal care. Coursebook available in English.
- Coursebook, certificate,
- Entrance to the Wellness Complex, Lunch and coffee/tea/water for the 2 course days
This does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Any other meals or snacks you take
- Rent bathrobe/towels if needed